Thursday, January 6, 2011

I took the challenge!

Thank you Candice (The Organized Momma) for inspiring me to also start my own list of goals for the new year! As a fellow to-doer, this was something I could not pass up! Each year I struggle with finding just the right resolution (that I know I will forget by the time MLK day comes around :), so this is the perfect way to incorporate my love of lists with coming up with goals for a happy and healthy new year. A goal for each week of the year -- although one doesn't need to be accomplished each week. Here goes:

1. Stick to Little Man's bedtime routine most nights
2. Organize hall & front closets once and for all!
3. Organize garage - yikes, that's a big task to take on!
4. Update/finish at least two items in house - i.e. T's bathroom, new carpet, etc.
5. Make or have matching stockings made for all three of us
6. Read 12 books this year (if 1/month is doable, go for 2/month!)
7. Do not turn TV on until 8pm
8. Workout 4/week
9. Starting in spring, go for run at least once a week, weather permitting
10. Be bikini ready by Dresel's bach weekend (Memorial Day)
11. Stick to cleaning schedule
12. Take Tristan to swim classes
13. Sign him up for at least two other fun classes
14. Take dogs for walk at least 3/week
15. Go on a road trip with girlfriends
16. Try new recipe 1/month
17. Have 6pm dinner time 5/week
18. Both stay awake for at least one movie night with hubby (hard to do!)
19. Fix up/maintain backyard & deck
20. Have house/deck ready for Tristan's 1st bday BBQ!
21. After house updates, save for new car by end of year
22. Schedule mommy/baby playdates/walks for T & I 1/month during school year, 1/week during summer
23. Write in my spare time
24. Join a wine club
25. Spruce up dining/living rooms - new pillows, window coverings, table settings, etc.
26. Go on family hikes this summer
27. Go camping at least once this summer
28. Take out The Pickle at least 5 times
29. Go to summer concerts in the park
30. Go to a Mariner's game
31. Get the Book Club idea going again
32. Download all my pics onto a photo website for back-up
33. Organize the office (goes hand-in-hand with the garage!)
34. Put music onto my iPhone
35. Go to a UP sporting event
36. Sign up for two magazines
37. Send Christmas cards (make sure family pic is taken well in advance this time :)
38. Go on an overnight trip with Brian, Tristan and the dogs (preferably the beach, hopefully our anniversary??)
39. Take Tristan down to parents' place in Palm Springs (April or October, maybe?)
40. Visit Farmers' Markets for produce at least 3/summer
41. Go on family bike rides 2/month, weather permitting
42. Go berry picking at least once this summer
43. Bake pie with those berries - from scratch
44. Carve pumpkins into Jack-o-lanterns (obviously around Halloween :)
45. Go on neighborhood walks 3/week (in summer)
46. Set up and use printer we've had for over a year
47. Put finishing touches on family room
48. Floss more regularly
49. Participate in the 5K Shamrock Run (does being rained out count??)
50. Have a Eugene weekend - go to Ducks game, go wine tasting, etc.
51. When visiting family in Bend, hike Pilot Butte
52. Donate $5 for every goal on this list I did not accomplish

*Update - every time a goal is completed, I will bold it as a way to keep track :) *


3 comments:

  1. I love your list, it makes me want to add a few more to mine!!! I totally need to learn how to add music to my iPhone and I want to go to some summer concerts in the park this year... Also, we need to talk road trip, I really want to get up to see Rita and to meet Miss Natalie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Incentive to do one myself. Hopefully the UP sporting event will be off the list this week :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tasha that is an INTENSE list but it also inspired me to add a few things to my to-do lists! I wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete