Monday, August 12, 2013

Portland & Camping Weekend Disaster

Well, that didn't go as planned.  When we made reservations at this Mt. Hood campsite 4-5 months ago with my family, there was no way we could have forecasted a huge thunderstorm drowning out the campground minutes before we got there. What are the odds??  Maybe that's what we get when we overplan and overpack for a camping weekend.  The trailer we pulled behind us that was filled with all of our bikes, two kids' motorized cars, cornhole, etc. seemed like a great idea when we knew we had a whole weekend to use them, but then seemed a little foolish when we saw branches littered everywhere and piles of hail all over the ground where we would have played.  Oops.

Since I was also supposed to go into Portland on Saturday for a baby shower and we had already driven 2 1/2 hours, we decided to go the rest of the way and stay at my brother's house.  Luckily, my brother's family had their RV and my parents had their truck, so they all decided to stick it out for a night.  Our tent wasn't going to make it.  And I'm glad that we decided for the warm, dry bed and the shower the next day.  Sleeping in a lake wasn't on my list of things to do that weekend.

Here are some pics to document our short time at the campsite and then my fun brunch with my girlfriends at Ali's shower.  Better luck next year!
The very cute preggo lady :)
Cannot wait to meet Aubrey's "lil bro"!
The girls celebrating Ali's baby boy.  Our 11th baby shower together - wow :)
On our way back to Bend from Portland, we stopped by the campsite to see how everyone was doing.  My parents had already gone back to Seattle, but the Danners were still there trying to make it work.  Even though most of the water was gone, we all decided (after roasting a few marshmallows, of course) that it was time to go home.  Can't say we didn't try!

No comments:

Post a Comment