Monday, June 18, 2012

Goodbyes...

This trip to Portland was filled with goodbyes. Even though it's been a few weeks since we've moved, we still had a few "items of business" to finish up on.
On Friday, I went to my classroom to say goodbye to my students and families for the last time. I also said goodbye to the wonderful staff that I have loved working with for the past eight years. What an emotional day it was!
Not too sure why I didn't get one last picture with all my students, maybe because I probably wouldn't have been able to contain them all at the same time. A little busy/excited to say the least! But these pics are of various teachers who agreed to have their heads shaved, tied to the basketball poles, eat nasty concoctions the students made for them, etc. since they met their Jog-A-Thon goals. Good thing I was on maternity leave for that faculty meeting!
And of course it was also our last appointment with our wonderful Dr. Bobenreith. She was my doctor through both pregnancies, helped to deliver both of my little ones (which turned into C-sections) and was also their doctor after they were born. We've been through so much in the last three years! We'll miss you!!

And then on Sunday, my mom, Brian and I went into my classroom to take home all of my things. We had to rent a trailer since we were taking eight years worth of possessions I had accumulated!! It was a very bittersweet day...I am happy to be able to stay at home with my sweet little ones, but pretty sad to know this is the end of a chapter in my life. This school and classroom have been home to me for eight amazing years. My FB post I wrote on Friday sums it up best: "Mixed emotions on so many levels today...said a lot of goodbyes...students, parents, school and an amazing group of teachers. What an incredible 8 years it has been (well, really 11 overall)! Excited and grateful for this new chapter of my life, but will miss SO much about what I consider to be my "dream job". On to the next adventure!!" Here are some pics of us collecting my belongings:
How empty it looks :(
Goodbye, 1A

No comments:

Post a Comment