Friday, May 4, 2012

Vintage

Funny how both sets of grandparents kept certain items from Brian and my childhoods to pass along to our kids someday. Brian's parents saved his very special Cody Bear and 1st birthday tractor - both of which Tristan got as presents from Grandma & Papa George. My mom saved a lot of my baby/toddler clothes to pass along to a future granddaughter.

It was so much fun to pull out these vintage clothes and laugh at the differences in styles over the past 33 years! Even though some of the same clothes are coming back into fashion, I don't think the super lacy and ruffly clothes of my past will ever come back. Looking at some of these vintage clothes, you'd think they were used to dress a grandma's dolly!

Since Talia is still too tiny to wear most of these clothes, my mom and I didn't get to do the fashion show we were hoping for when she was here. Here is the only one she kind of fit into. We can't wait for her to wear more of them soon!

Apparently she isn't too thrilled to be wearing these styles :)
Me in the same outfit from '79. I think I'm about the same age here - 2/3 weeks old
See what I mean about ruffles and lace galore??

No comments:

Post a Comment