Friday, May 11, 2012

First solo outing

Today marks a huge milestone for the three of us...we successfully went on our first solo outing! We have gone out and about quite a few times since Talia was born, but we always had someone else to help prepare and accompany us on these outings. Today, however, I had a wild hair to go and visit my school for the first time and cheer on my class as they participated in the Jog-A-Thon. I knew it would take awhile, so I started the getting-ready process three hours before we needed to leave. Even with that time, we still ended up being an hour late. We got there five minutes before the kids left for the end of the day - yikes!! But, I am so proud that we made it and were able to see them for a little while. It made me feel like I am connecting to the real world again and also gave me confidence that I can do this again!
My students could not stop giving her love :)
T loves visiting my school - it was nearly impossible to tear him away from the playground!

No comments:

Post a Comment