Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Mardi Gras!

We started our Mardi Gras celebrations by attending my school's auction last Saturday. Wow, what a fun time that was!! The group of teachers and parents that are apart of my school community are really amazing. Not only do they care so much about their children's education and work hard to do what's best for our school, they also know how to have a good time!

This year's auction was a Mardi Gras theme since the couple who organized it are from New Orleans. It was so much more than an auction. It was more like a Mardi Gras party, complete with gumbo, hurricanes, beads, live bands, photo booth and an after-party with a DJ!! Kudos to the fun group of parents who organized this awesome event!



Since Brian and I had an adult night, my parents came into town to watch Tristan. They had the great idea to take him to the park right by our house. I'm not sure why we haven't done this yet, but now that he's been, we're excited to take him there more often!

This is what happens when he misses his naptime.

Here are some pics of T and I celebrating Mardi Gras at our house. Gone are the days of "I hope Fat Tuesday is on a Friday this year..." - this year it was a little more quiet as I celebrated with my first graders and then shared my beads with my Little Man. Happy Fat Tuesday!!



No comments:

Post a Comment