Monday, October 4, 2010

Whirlwind Weekend

What a whirlwind! Brian, Little Man and I had a packed weekend of social events - a complete opposite from last weekend's more subdued family time. Not only did Brian and I get to have some fun adult time, Tristan was also able to visit with quite a few of his friends, too.

We started things off right by going to the Greek Festival on Friday night with a group of friends. Surprisingly, we had both never been before even though it is right down the street from my school. It was basically the Greek's version of Oktoberfest, complete with an abundance of food and drinks. I definitely think this will be a yearly thing :)

Prefunking at the Zervis', we got to see our friend Amelia Netzel before heading out for the night.

Not too sure how he was able to sleep through the excitement, but there are times I wish I could ride around in an Ergo when I am tired. Especially that night :)

Then on Saturday night, we celebrated our friend, Traci's, birthday. The three of us didn't quite make it out as late as the night before, but still had a good time celebrating!

Tristan and best bud Logan

Love this picture - looks like they're having a pretty serious discussion.

And last but not least, Brian and I had our very first date night on Sunday since Tristan was born. And it was Little T's first time with our sitter at night. I think he was the least nervous out of the three of us since he also got to have a playdate with Reese Dudy at the same time. He barely looked our direction as we left :(. Our friends had gotten us tickets to see Jack Johnson last spring while I was still pregnant and October had seemed so far away then. I had no idea then that a late night concert on a Sunday would be twice as hard to attend with a baby to think about, work the next day and a weekend full of other events. Brian and I are definitely not 25 any more!! Despite all this, we had SO much fun on our first night out since becoming parents. But if you had asked me how I felt this morning during my 5am wake up call for work, not so sure I was thinking the midnight bedtime was completely necessary. My, how 31 and being parents change you :)




The concert took place at an ampitheater - the reason for the jacket and beanie that Brian insisted he wear. Hmmm...kind of hate to admit that he was right...

No comments:

Post a Comment