Monday, February 15, 2010

Mom's weekend visit - Jan. 30 & 31

This posting is a little late, but I was going to combine it with the next one and realized it would be way too long. But this weekend’s worth mentioning since we had such a fantastic time with family and friends!

We started off the weekend with my mom coming into town. Since Doug had just left for Haiti (see next post), Mom thought this would be the perfect thing to take her mind off him leaving. She offered to babysit Lincoln so that Trav, Bridg, Brian and I could all go out Saturday night. After careful thought and weighing our options, we decided that jumping on the bandwagon to see Avatar sounded like the perfect Saturday night :). There’s a reason this is the highest grossing movie right now – it’s definitely a visually beautiful movie. The storyline is okay, but the picture and 3-D really add to the whole experience. Although 3-D has been out for awhile (remember Captain E-O??), this was the first time I’d ever seen a 3-D movie in the theaters. And I’m sure most future movies will jump on this fad, so this will most likely not be our last experience either. Brian even said this movie changed his life. Not quite sure what he meant by that…


Getting ready for our 3-D experience

The next morning, all of us girlfriends went to my new favorite restaurant in SE Portland for breakfast. We usually do happy hour twice a month but decided to try breakfast instead. The tables at Slappy Cakes have griddles in the middle of them so that you can make your own pancakes. Out of the eight of us who were there, leave it to the really preggo girls to be the only ones who go with the pancake option. Go figure. There’s been something about french toast, pancakes or waffles that I can’t get enough of lately. Maybe it’s the syrup that I lather them in – it always goes back to the sugar for me :). This was also the first girl outing for the newest member of our group – Aubrey Jackson. It’s so crazy how our group is continuing to grow in numbers – just wait until the three newest members arrive!


Our first get-together since little Aubrey’s arrival.
Ali, Aubrey (3 weeks old), Lyndsey, Erin (29 weeks), Laura (16 weeks), Falkie, Trac (Jenna left before the pic was taken, and I HAD to take myself out of the group – it was for everyone’s good :)

After breakfast, I met my mom, Trav, Bridg and Lincoln at the Children’s Museum for one last fun outing before my mom left that day. It was so much fun to watch how engaged he was with all the museum’s activities. He was a construction worker, a doctor, a train engineer, a bus driver and a boater all in one afternoon. But my favorite by far was Lincoln, the African dancer. If you know Lincoln, you know that when music is playing, he can’t help himself. He just has to dance. I tried to get pictures and videos of him jamming to the African band that was playing, but he kept moving to the front of the pack and I couldn’t get a good angle. His moves are the best toddler ones I’ve seen. Since this day, Bridgit has enrolled him in music/dance classes. I can’t wait to see the new moves he learns from others in that class!





Lincoln trying out all possible career opportunities

Meanwhile, Brian was out doing one of his favorite things – fishing. This is something he does probably once a week or every two weeks. I know he doesn’t get to go or catch anything as often as he’d like, but at least he tries :).

I don't have any recent pics, but this is a good one of him showing off one of his early catches.

No comments:

Post a Comment